Who is Lucas Faillace?
– Good question. Just a 6’1″ sack of AWESOME. Haha, I’m a guy doing his part, stayin’ alive, loving, and learning as I go.
Tell us about your experience as a model.
– Modeling opened my eyes up to a whole new world. Prior to modeling I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life. I’ve met some great people thanks to it, and have been exposed to a whole list of experiences I wouldn’t have had otherwise.
You seem to be more than meets the eye. A multifaceted artist. One could even say, a multi-threat; director, videographer, photographer, model & writer. What was your first love?
– Interestingly enough, prior to modeling and all that it sparked. The only medium of art that I dared to delve into was music. I would write lyrics, and play drums. Everything else came later.
When did you realize that there was so much more to be explored as an artist, and what was the catalyst?
– The more I explored myself as a human being. And what that meant. What the perceived limitations I thought to be true were. Which I’m still doing. It was only upon getting signed to NY as a model that I then took up all the other arts one by one. But my spiritual realization and total growth was, and is, the greatest catalyst to everything I do.
What’s it been like working with recording artiste Sellah? Tell us about some of the projects that you’ve worked on together.
– Sellah is the man. He is the person who opened me up to modeling and has supported me in all my endeavors since. Working with him is not like working with your average recording artist. He brings all forms of creativity to the type from conceptualization to execution. Our first project was a music video we did that went viral, and within the first month had almost 80k views. But then got hacked and deleted. Haha. HATERZZZZ! Haha, since then we’ve done many vlog and promo type videos to keep his fan base up to date.
How do you see your professional relationship evolving? And do feel that this experience has helped you to grow even more as an artist?
– I see us being a part of each other’s careers for years to come. With no end in my opinion. I’ll run things by him, and him by me. As far as specifics or any bounds on what they may be. I have no idea at this point. We both have experience in a number of fields. So the combinations are endless. This experience has definitely helped me grow as an artist.
What does fashion & the arts mean to you?
– Fashion like all the other arts are an opportunity. An opportunity to be alive, to search and uncover. Express yourself. To create. Creativity has endless means of being expressed. Fashion and all the other arts are some of them. Fashion happens to be one of the more practical since we all get dressed everyday.
What was your favorite moment in your professional life OR one of the favorite things you’ve ever worked on?
– Oh that’s tough. My favorite moment would have to be now. As I am in the realm of a new phase in my life. I also, always enjoy when my work gets recognition or gets posted in places that I have no awareness of, and then I find out. Like when the music video I did with Sellah got played on TV. One of the favorite things I’ve worked on was the first music video I did with Sellah. It was a fun time and we had full creative control.
What are you currently working on?
– Currently writing a script to what will be my first film. No projected release date yet. But I am excited.
What do you hope to achieve?
-FAME, CARS, and TAX FRAUD. Haha, to continue to grow and be blessed with opportunities. To ultimately write and direct my own features, act in some films. Write some great music. Use these mediums to help light people’s flames. And just to keep stayin’ alive. Every breath, you know?